You can all breath a little easier now because my long-awaited blog of the year is now here! The time when I take a look back at the past year and share some of the best accolades the Pocono Mountains or our member properties have received. I'm happy to report there's more than last year and no, I didn't pay for them! Can I have a drum roll please...
- Associated Content's "10 Fun Things to Do in Eastern Pennsylvania" highlighted "Getting Back to Nature in the Pocono Mountains" as their number six
- DCNR selected the Lackawaxen River as the Commonwealth's River of the Year
- Family Vacation Critic named Woodloch Pines one of the "Top 10 All-Inclusive Family Resorts"
- Fido-Friendly Magazine selected The Inn at Pocono Manor as one of the dog-friendly "Top 10 Ski Resorts" and the Pocono Mountains as one of the "Top 10 Leafy Destinations" to take you four-legged companion
- Golf Magazine included Jack Frost National and Woodloch as the "Top 100 Courses You Can Play"
- GolfStyles Magazine of Greater Philadelphia highlighted Buck Hill Golf Course, Jack Frost National, Mountain Laurel Golf Club, Pocono Manor East, Shawnee Resort, Split Rock Resort in their feature "63 Public Courses Ever Player Should Experience and Why"
- Golfweek elected Jack Frost National as one of "2010 Golfweek's Best New Courses" and "2010 Golfweek's Best Courses You Can Play"
- iVillage Parenting named Woodloch Resort one of the "Best All Inclusive Resorts in the US"
- MetroKids selected the Pocono Mountains as one of their "5 Convenient Family Travel Locales"
- New York Magazine highlighted Milford for their "Choose Your Own Travel Adventure" feature for "The Adrenaline Junkie"
- ninemsn dubbed Milford one of their "Best side trips from NYC"
- Parents Magazine selected Woodloch Pines as one of their "Top 10 Best Snow Resorts for Families"
- Resorts and Lodges included the Pocono Mountains as their number seven "Top 10 Romantic Getaways"
- SnowEast Magazine's Reader Survey chose Camelback Mountain Resort as one of the "Favorite Resorts Under 1100 Feet" and recognized Big Boulder/Jack Frost, Blue Mountain, Camelback Mountain Resort and Shawnee Mountain in the Top 10 for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Time Out New York spotlighted Milford as one of their "60 Getaways" features for "Places You Can Get To Without A Car"
- Travelogged featured the Pocono Mountains in their "18 Easy NYC Getaways With and Without a Car"
- TripAdvisor chose Skytop Lodge as one of the "10 Amazing Hotels Off The Tourist Trail"
So it's official, now you can go out and enjoy your New Year's Eve in peace! Thank you for joining me in my annual Year in Review. We are thrilled with the recognitions we have received and we can't wait to see what 2011 brings. Happy New Year and Cheers to success in 2011! Yes, you heard me correctly. It's New Year's Eve, you're allowed to have champagne at any time of day!